Test-Driven Development (TDD) is a core practice of Technical Agility. Yet few companies practice it (and wonder why they’re having trouble with agility). Fewer still apply it to Apple platforms. Like riding a bicycle, TDD isn’t something you can learn from just reading a book. In this workshop, we learn by doing! If you’re a programmer with basic familiarity of iOS development, you’re ready.
Your trainer will be Jon Reid, author of iOS Unit Testing by Example: XCTest Tips and Techniques Using Swift. Jon has been practicing TDD on Apple platforms for 18 years.
- Why do TDD?
- Recommended tools
- The Three Steps: Red, Green, Refactor
- The Three Laws: Growing test code and production code in parallel
- Writing focused, readable tests
- Emergent Design: Evolving a solution that meet your needs
- Refactoring: Changing the design in small, verified steps
- How to TDD view controllers
- Test doubles (stubs, mocks, fakes)
- How to add tests to legacy code
Please bring a MacBook (Pro) with the current Xcode version installed.